The Student Success and Leadership Centre has released 2019 dates for the Head Start orientation program, which introduces new students to the campus facilities and services, we well as academic expectations at a university level.
Attendees will tour the grounds and buildings, receive information on managing finances and classwork, and have a chance to purchase a parking pass, explore residence halls, and visit the Campus Bookstore.
Faculty-specific dates will also provide an opportunity to meet with professors to ask questions about individual programs of study.
- Friday,?June 14 - Science
- Friday, July 5 - Human Kinetics and Faculty of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Saturday, July 6 - General
- Friday, July 12 - Business and Engineering
- Saturday, July 13 - Nursing
- Saturday, Aug. 10 - General
“The general dates offer students relevant messages no matter what program they are in,” says student development specialist Amber Norman. “We do recommend they attend their faculty-specific date, if possible.”